DTS in 2008..Help!

• Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a difficult time getting DTS to work properly on sql server 2008 on a 64bit windows 2003 server. I received the "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components are required to edit DTS packages.." when trying to open the package. I followed Microsoft's instructions and installed the SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components, moved the specified DLL and RLL files from one dir to another..rebooted the server. I still get the same error message when trying to open a DTS package. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• speja01 (4/16/2009)

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a bit of a difficult time getting DTS to work properly on sql server 2008 on a 64bit windows 2003 server. I received the "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components are required to edit DTS packages.." when trying to open the package. I followed Microsoft's instructions and installed the SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components, moved the specified DLL and RLL files from one dir to another..rebooted the server. I still get the same error message when trying to open a DTS package. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should be able to alleviate this by modifying your %PATH% statement. Go to System Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables. Copy the contents of the PATH variable under System variables into a text editor, i.e. notepad.

Find ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\" and ensure it comes before ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply