DTS Error in EM

• Hello everyone,

When myself or any of my developers try to open a DTS package from within EM, we get an error saying, "The file specified is not found." We can create and execute DTS packages just fine, but are unable to open them. The only way to do this is to go to the server console, open up EM, and then open the DTS package. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there a solution as well?

Thanks,

Jason

• Does after this error a blank DTS package come up. Usually you get this kind of error if the DTS package contains links/references to drives and such not the same on your box as the server.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Actually, the package closes and we're left looking at the window where you see the list of packages that are created.

Jason

• Are there any special mappings in those packages in question or does it do it in all cases? If all then just to be sure create a simple package that has a text object in it and a query task and save, then see if it will open? Let me know what happens.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Okay, I did what you asked and everything worked fine. I was able to open the package (after closing it), execute the package, and make changes.

The packages that I can't open from EM only have ActiveX Scripts, email tasks, and one batch job task. I thought that the batch job may be causing the problem, so I removed it, saved the package, and tried again. It failed with the same error message. Any suggestions?

Jason

• Ok try one last thing, open the package on the server and then do SAVE AS and save a new copy. Then see if you can open it. If so then there is a problem with the original. Also what version of the client are you and the server running?

• Okay, I created a new version of the package with a different name, but it still failed trying to open it from the client.

SQL Server Version --> 7.00.1021

MMC Version --> 1.2

Jason

• Can you post me the details of your package (with sensitive stuff alterd) so I can see if I can reproduce? Also when connecting you may want to have profiler running to see if you can find a step that is generating the error so you can narrow down what you are looking for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply