DTS Error --- Error string: The file exists

• It seems that almost nobody is aware about the root cause & solution of the Error string: The file exists even in this largest community of SQL Server professionals. Can anybody throw some light -- How to seek help from Microsoft regarding this. After all this error message is written by them 🙂

• If it helps I am getting the same error from a SSIS Transfer SQL server Object Task when I try to move tables from one database to another. I am searching for some help on this error as well.

• This problem is resolved. I will post the resolution process shortly

• Please can you post the resolution

• This issue may occur if the

%SystemRoot%\Temp

or

%user%\Documents & Settings\Temp

folder on the server contains more than 65,535 files. I was getting the error if I create any DTS ( even blank with task or connection ) which is not related to my development.

Please let me know if any body is still facing this issue

• I have 7 files in my temp directory and I am still getting the error. If anyone has any more ideas I would like to hear them.

Thanks.

• Have you checked all the TEMP folders in the system where SQL SERVER is installed ?

Try to create a blank DTS ( no task or connection ) and schedule i as a job and check whether you are still getting the error

• I have checked all temp folders. I get the same error if I run from Visual Studio, as a scheduled job, or just run the package.

Does anyone know of a tool I can use to monitor disk I/O so I can see the file and location that is causing the error?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply