DTS error

• I have 1 DTS which is transfer data from a text file into table. I run the DTS package is ok. But if i run the package from SQL job. it give me error.

>>

>> Executed as user: TESTSVR01\SYSTEM. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: 3 (3); Provider Error: 3 (3) Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Help file: DTSFFile.hlp Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

>>

>> i have check the path... it is correct. somemore it can run from the DTS itself, just fail to run at SQL job.

>>

>> please help... urgent...

• Note that it is running on the server, not your machine. So the path from the server, with the SQLAgent login logged in is what must be checked.

• the sql server agent is run using local system account.

and i have set the permission for the folder to everyone.

means this actually the sql should be able to found the file and use the file. but it still give me this error...

please advice. thanks........

• I don't think that the Local System account is part of the Everyone group.

The Local Sytem account is not a "regular user" and has no user profile; therefore it cannot see mapped drives. If your file is not on the server where the job runs, try using a UNC path.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply