DTS doesn''t run in a Job

• Hi everyone!

I have created a DTS to update a table in the costumers DB in our website SQL Server.

Firs i delete * from tblSyncClientes (on website), then copy * from my local table to tblSyncClientes, update tblClientes(on website) from tblSyncClientes, add new entries and im done.

When i go to Local Packages on my local server and right click the package ->execute package, it works just fine! But when i program this packages it fails , the server event viewer just informs me that the job fails...no other details.

Does anyone have an idea what could i be doing wrong??

Thanks in advance!!

Saludos desde Guadalajara, tierra del tequila!!!

• Edit the DTS package and turn on package logging.

Then after the package is executed you can view the log by right clicking the package -> Package Logs...

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Seems that package log only works for SQL Server 2000, im running SQL 7 , thanks anyway!

• DTS packages in scheduled jobs often fail because of security.  A package in a job executes using the security context of the login that SQL Server Agent run under.  I suggest you use the search function on this site to look for "DTS job" and look at the numerous threads dealing with this.

Greg

Greg

• Thanks! I've been reading in the forum threads and i also think its a security issue. I havent got over it, but i'll keep on trying.

Hasta luego!

• Ok, you can still capture some of the DTS output by specifying an output file on the advanced tab of the job step.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Is your customer's db in a different domain? If so, you may have an account impersonation issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply