DTS & Analysis Services Client Installation Problem - Invalid Class String

• I am installing an application Ive written on end user pc's that creates a DTS job and schedules it for execution using the agent & DTSRun. The DTS job may contain a task that accesses Analysisy Services to process dimensions etc. When the job is saved it creates a new DTS Package, creates an encrypted command line for DTSRun and creates a scheduled job for some time in the future. This works fine when Enterprise Manager and Analysis Services are installed on a clients pc, however if I just install DSO, DTS & DMO along with MDAC etc from redist.exe for sp3a I get the Invalid Class String when saving the job. When Analyisis Services is installed with DMO etc. it works fine which points the finger at DSO, I have double checked the location of files and it seems to be Ok, the only lead I have on this is an msdn article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q288910 it will only be installed in one or two locations but this does seem to be a major limitation with dso! Any ideas would be appreciated...

Phil Nicholas

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Looks like I've managed to solve the problem with the help of regmon a great free utility that tells you when & which registry entries are being checked for so by comparing the missing key with the registry on my own pc I found that a file called msmdtsp.dll and msmdtsp.rll is required just to create/open a task with dts jobs involving sql2k analysis services. The pc running the dts job would still require a full install of analysis services.

Phil Nicholas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply