DTS ActiveX Scripting Error

• This one has been driving me NUTS!  I have a DTS package with an ActiveX control inside that runs a VBScript that access a COM component and then inserts data into a table.

What's nuts is that the DTS package runs normally when invoked via the DTS Designer, Enterprise Manager or command line prompt.

If the DTS package is launched via a job (using DTSrun  OS command, or xp_cmd_shell) it errors every time!  The job step error message is as follows:

Executed as user: corp\xxxxxxxx. DTSRun:  Loading...   DTSRun:  Executing...   DTSRun OnStart:  DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1   DTSRun OnError:  DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1, Error = -2147220482 (800403FE)      Error string:  ActiveX Scripting encountered a Run Time Error during the execution of the script.      Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package      Help file:  sqldts80.hlp      Help context:  4500      Error Detail Records:      Error:  -2147220482 (800403FE); Provider Error:  0 (0)      Error string:  ActiveX Scripting encountered a Run Time Error during the execution of the script.      Error source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package      Help file:  sqldts80.hlp      Help context:  4500      DTSRun OnFinish:  DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1   DTSRun:  Package execution complete.  Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

How can the package have no errors when executed manually, but error with job.

• Check the permission when run automatically... the user is most likely different causing something to be inaccessible.

• That has been checked already.  The connection to the database is using integrated security to the database where the ID is a dbo.  This same ID is the SQL Server Agent Proxy.  The connection string as follows:

cnn.Open = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source='crpxxxxxxxxx\cimsdev'; Initial Catalog=RADT;Integrated Security='SSPI'"

Is this where my error is?

• Can't help you much there... I'll let the dts gurus take this one.

• >> the ID is a dbo.  This same ID is the SQL Server Agent Proxy. 

Which account does your SQL Agent run under ? (Look in services and verify). This is the account the package will run under as a job.

Does the script use any drive mappings ? Does it use any non-absolute paths that assume a certain "current" folder ?

If you turn on package error logging to a file, does the log file contain additional diagnostic info on the error ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply