DTS

• Hi,

Trying to upload some data from our SQL Server to our AS/400 via a DTS package and am receiving an error I have not encountered nor even seen before:

"The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.

Query cannot be updated because it contains no searchable columns to use as a key."

The DTS package has a connection object for the SQL Server (source) and another for the AS/400 (destination) with a Transform Data task between them.  The Transform task has a simple SELECT query pulling data from a single table, and has a destination set to a table on the 400, where the tables on both sides are identical so the task just copies the columns straight across.

I created this on one SQL Server(TEST), and it ran fine.  When I created it on a Production SQL Server (same everything) and run it, I get the above error. 

• You need to supply more information.

When you tested it, did you test it in Enterprise Manager (EM)? Or did you test it as a job? In production, are you running it from EM or as a job? In both cases, it may be a permissions issue, especially if you're running it as a job. In that case, SQL Agent (or the Process ID running the job) needs to have permissions. Does the table have PKs in both environments?

• I ran it from. They do not have PK on any servers

• Prema,

We do this all of the time, PK or no PK. I have never seen the issue. What are you using to connect to the 400? We use the IBM iSeries ODBC driver version 10.

Norman

• I applied the latest patch of iseries ODBC and it isworking fine. Thanks for all of your help

Prema

• Where did you apply the patches. ISeries or PCServer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply