DSO error

• Hi,

while i am working with DSO in asp.net getting the following error

Unable to connect to the registry on the server (DEV115), or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrators group on this server.

1.But the login is already a member of OLAP Administrators group.The users  ASPNET,INET_USR are also members of this group.

2.The folders DATA and BIN in \Program files\analysis services\ are fully accessible by the OLAP administrators.

3.In Analysis services -> roles -> the above said users/groups have full permissions to all the cubes.

Inspite of all the above settings i am getting the same error..Can anyone helpme out here...

NSR

• Have you checked that the user (aspnet) has access to the registry hive?

Also, possibly more on the money, straight from the OPS guide (see MSDN)

Receiving the message: "Unable to connect to the registry on the server (SERVERX), or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrators group" when trying to connect to Analysis Services from Analysis Manager.

You are trying to administer an Analysis Services instance with SP3 installed from a version of Analysis Manager that does not have SP3 installed.

The remote registry service is not running on the client computer.

You have insufficient permissions to the files in the Data folder.

There is a high degree of concurrent administrative activity or processing of partitions in parallel.

Install SP3 on the client computer.

Start the remote registry service on the client computer.

Add your user account to the OLAP Administrators group or directly to the Data folder.

Install hotfix - for more information, see "FIX: Error Messages May Occur During Parallel Processing of Partitions After You Apply SQL Server 2000Analysis Services SP3" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Steve.

• hi steve,

thanq for the reply..the problem is becos of insufficient rights to the  \program files\analysis services\bin direcotry for OLAP Administrators.When i gave full rights its working fine....

nsr

• hi steve,

one more help... how can i script the metadata in analysis services ? is there any utility ?

nsr

• It really depends on what you're hoping to do.  If you're trying to do it for documentation (ie really just extract the data) then there is a word template (with macro) on MSDN (I think) that can document a cube for you.

if you're looking to manipulate the contents (ie script out, make changes then re-apply) then yes to this also, but I haven't had huge success with it.  If you look at the Operations Guide (again on MSDN) within the deployment section there is a reference (and link) to the DSO/XML scripting utility.   Gives you source as well as a winforms app. 

Cheers,

Steve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply