DSN to SQL 2000 from 64b

• I need some help resolving a weird DSN problem.

I need 3 different DSN connections form the client mahcine (win 2003 Sp2 x86_64, using jdk1.5.0_11 or _09 on the client) to SQL server 2000 database (Sql server Ent Sp4, Win 2000). So, I have created 3 databases with the same script - just different names. 2 of them are OK. The thrid one though, gives me troubles when I try to use the DSN connection to it. The DSN connection was created the same way as the other 2 and when clicked on TEST CONNECTION, it says it is successful. but when I try to use the DSN, I get the error: "Login faild". The permissions are the same as on the other 2 databases - they are created with the same script.

What else I could look at to find why is this difference?

Thanks a lot for the help, mj

• My guess would be the connection string for the third DSN is using the wrong password or the wrong authentication type.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Thanks a lot, the password and the Auth are the same for all 3 connections.

But here is the fun part - if I change the JRE version from jRE 150_11 to 150_08, then the same second connection works...

So 2 of the connections work with SUN jRE 150_11 and the other one that breaks on the this JRE, works with SUN jRE 150_08. And I did not change the anything on the DSN onnections, or the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, mj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply