Dropping the Aggregate

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Dropping the Aggregate

• I don't understand the answer.  The linked article states:

Permissions

To execute DROP AGGREGATE, at a minimum, a user must have ALTER permission on the schema to which the user-defined aggregate belongs, or CONTROL permission on the aggregate.

So the user only needs one permission - either ALTER on the schema or CONTROL on the aggregate.

• It is either of those. I wasn't quite sure how to word the question. I'm still not sure.

• It is either of those. I wasn't quite sure how to word the question. I'm still not sure.

• MS documentation can be tricky - as Control is a superset of permissions that contain ALTER it means that CONTROL should never have been worded as being a minimum permission for ANYTHING where one of the underlying permissions is what really grants the permission.

• Hi Steve, and what about this: "Which database permission levels below can I use to run DROP AGGREGATE in SQL Server 2019?"

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  George Vobr.
  • Maybe, George. Still might imply multiple things. Maybe "Of these permissions, which two represent either of a minimum permission needed?"

This one is tricky.

• You'll probably make fun of me for not ending it yet but I had some time, so maybe:

"Which permission, at a minimum, should a user have to execute DROP AGGREGATE? Select two of the options below that can be used. It is understood that you grant only one of them."

So, that's it, and I promise I'll give peace... 🙂

• I like it. Better than my idea.

Question updated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply