Drillthrough toggle is jumpy/twitchy on screen

• Hi-

The drilldown(not drillthrough in OLAP) functionality is nice but looks HORRIBLE in action.

Using it during Visual Studio development works fine, lovely.  Then I deploy it to the web server and blammo - evey toggle makes the page "Jump and Twitch" trying to reposition itself - it looks terrible.  It wants to position the item I clicked on at the top of the page unlike the IDE which opens the toggle "as is" and rather quickly at that.

Also - it has nothing to do with the "FixedHeader" property of a table as I've tried it on and off but the toggle still flickers like a lightning bug.  And it's not my graphics card or other junk like that - the PC is fine - it's SSRS related.

I'm using IE7 version# 7.0.5730.11 and believe I have the latest SP's for SQL Server and Reporting services.

Any thoughts PLEASE ?

• Well it's me replying to myself again...

To remove any doubt about my report and perhaps it being complex or buggy, I created a new SIMPLE report with a tiny amount of data, no coding, parameters etc... and it also behaves the same slow twitchy way.

Clicking the +- toggle will make the screen jump, font size to change, and then relocate the item I clicked at the top of the page with another font change back to the original font.

Someone PLEASE help - this is simply unacceptable and I cannot believe the general public thinks it's normal.  Either that or I'm doing something wrong which is VERY possible.

ANY help is appreciated.

• I'll reply myself again after much testing and searching on the web.

The Toggle, a.k.a. drilldown functionality of SSRS is so glitchy, jumpy, twitchy, and slow that IMO it is absolutely useless.

Microsoft, I hope you are reading this and use AJAX or something else to fix the problem.

Shame on you for releasing such cr@p and whoever managed the "toggle" functionality should have their fingernails removed and tongue cut out.  Well, maybe not that harsh but at least tell them that they suck and fire them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply