Drill Through filter option

• I am farily new to Olap cubes and data analysis services, but have been using the product for about 4 months. I found the exact problem desribed on the microsoft website "PRB: Drillthrough Queries Return More Rows than Expected If Cube Schema Is Optimized". I thought the solution would solve my problem, but I can not get the sytax correct. The solution was to manually join the dimension table to the fact table

example:

FactTbl.Dim1Key -> Dim1.Key

FactTbl.Dim2Key -> Dim2.Key

I was able to get the fact table syntax correct, but was not able to get the sytax correct for the dimmension table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Did you receive an error when setting the filter statement for the drill through?

Steve

Steve.

• Yes:

I did recieve an error message, but only after I executed the newly saved que. It told me that dimension name was not a data base table which is true. It is the name of the dimension. I am not sure what the syntax is to declare the second paramerter as a Dimension of the cube.

• In the Cube Drillthrough Options screen, on the Columns tab, you should see all of the columns contained in all of the tables used in your model. Assuming you have only 2 tables, a fact and a single dimension, the columns may be something like

COLUMN TABLE

fkCol1 tblFact

fact1 tblFact

fact2 tblFact

pkCol1 tblDim1

Desc tblDim1

Assuming that you have run the optimise schema, the model will now not have a join between tblDim1.pkCol1 and tblFact.fkCol1

What you need to do is on the Filter tab of the Cube Drillthrough Options screen, add a filter like

"tblDim1"."pkCol1" = "tblFact"."fkCol1"

So basically you're using the name of the tables to make the join/s in the drillthrough filter, you shouldn't be trying to use the (models') Dimension name, it won't work.

HTH,

Steve.

Steve.

• Steve:

Thank You!

this solved the problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply