Drill Down Report

• I want to display sub report in same page with Parent Report.

My Requirement is

Parent Report will contain all department level informaion. while clicking the department, we need to display the employee information for that department with differenet layout in the same page.

Please help me on this..

• Hi..

Regards to you...:)

As you said..we can use sub report to acheive this task.

We need to create a sub report which excepts Department name as a parameter and then using that sub report inside the parent report and need to pass the department name as a parameter to that sub report.

Please try this once...it should help!

Thanks,

Niraj

• neeraj is quitre right there about passing parameter in sub report.

Also to enable the drilldown u can toggle the visibility of subreport upon the textbox which contains ur dept. info.

Hope u vd be familiar with toggling report items. If not feel free to ask.

• Thanks. Actually i am new into Reporting services.

While I am clicking the departname, then only the subreoprt will show in the same report page.

Is it possible correct?

• Hello again....:)

Yes...its absolutely correct...

When ever you will click on Dept Name, then that particular name will be passed as a parameter to Sub report and that respective sub report will get executed and the parent report will display the sub report with in..

Thanks,

Niraj

• I agreed with Ashok. 🙂 Better to use Toggle property, It'll increase performance as well because report will not render again.

But in case of Sub Report, when you click on required cell report will refresh and render again ...

• Hi Niraj.

I understood what you are saying.

Could you please explain how to do this?

While Clicking the particular department how to pass that depart name to another report (Subreport)?

Thanks

Dhamodharan P

• Hari is right, toggle is better option.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you will have problem exporting the report into excel as subreport won't show up when you export however the toggle will work just find when you export to excel.

• helo DP

its as simple as that

On the text box properties of your(Department field)

go to "navigation" part

-->select jump to report

-->select the particular subreport in the dropdown u want to navigate to.

Thats it.. 😎

• And to pass the parameter

select the parameters tab there and pass the department value there.

Make sure ur subreport query contains a parameter otherwise parameter will not pop up there.

and if u face more challenge then elaborate more..

• While running the reports, it ask the parameter value. but this should taken from department name which user click. how to do this?

• On ReportItem navigation property, Set Parameter Value with Depart name/number e.g ParameterName!Value=Fields!DepartName.Value or ParameterName!Label=Fields!DepartNo.Value.

By Default, it should have all the values...

• Thanks Hari.

I have one more doubt.

While I clicking the Department name, the subreport will open in different page. Instead of this, the Subreport should in the same page..

Like below

-----------------

List of Department Name

Finance

Admin

-----------------

----------------------------------

Employee Details

XX

YY

--------------------------------

When i Click the Department Name, employee belongs to the department information should open in the same page. But the same time, we need to show the department details also

• Are you using SSRS 2005 or SSRS 2008?

• See attached rdl reports. It may help you in some extent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply