Downgrade SS 2000 to SS 7.0

• Does anyone know a way to downgrade a SQL 2000 database?  Is there anything in DTS that can facilitate this?  Will it have to be moved one table at a time, or can the entire schema and data be moved at once?

Our website developer created a SQL 2000 database but our webhost facility supports SQL 7.0. 

• I have never used SS7 myself, but am wondering if it has the ability such as ss2000 to export and import data? If it does I suggest you use ss2000 to generate SQL scripts for your database (user tables, views, sp's...) and then run the scripts on the ss7 so you can be sure to create all objects with the correct primary keys and foreign key constraints. Then after you are certain about your database schema, start importing the data.

Good luck.

• Hello,

I had this problem once and a way round it was script the database making sure to check the only script 7.0 compatible features box on the formatting tab and run the script on the 7.0 server.  You would need to check that stored procedures are not using table variables etc.  Then you should be able to import any data using DTS. 

Hope this is of some help,

Andrew McKeon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply