Double Delimited String Parsing and Re-Concatenation Help

• Great! I was hoping you could take a look at this thread.

I first thought of a CLR aggregate because I was thinking about the second part of the problem (aggregating the split tokens).

Very nicely done, Paul.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (7/14/2010)

I first thought of a CLR aggregate because I was thinking about the second part of the problem (aggregating the split tokens).

Oh right, I see. That makes sense to me now.

Luckily, the function can do the splitting and re-forming very efficiently per-row, so you don't get the huge overhead (memory-wise) of splitting the whole thing and then concatenating.

Paul

• Chad Crawford (7/12/2010)

Oh no - don't answer all the questions. Just take a look and see if anything jumps out at you. I'm thinking the first one might be the best - if you are only ever querying for specific TBLIDs, indexing that and adding it to the where will probably make just about anything fast enough to be ok... well, depending on your requirements. The thoughts I wrote down got progressively worse as I kept thinking, but they were ideas that might work, depending on the situation you are in, and since I thought of them. I felt compelled to write them down. That doesn't mean you are compelled to listen to them 😛

Thanks,

Chad

phew...:-P

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply