done the courses, couldnt afford exam

• I understand there are alot of topics regarding this exam, so forgive if this has been covered previously.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the implementing and maintaining a sql 2005 server courses for free, however at the time I could not afford to take the exam, and so now 2 years have passed and I may have the chance to have the exam paid for by my employer.

Presently my work has 1 2005 SQL server with a relatively small database running on it which i`m the support for (my job role is ict support technician) I have done a few practise exams and i`m achieving around the 60% kind of mark, so I do need to improve. In the future I would like the job of a DBA how likely that is I have no idea, but at the moment I just dont seem to be able to get the info into my head, to be confident I will pass the exam.

Just was interested if anyone else had gone through similiar things?

• I have a similar goal (to get certified on a budget) when I decided to get my MCITP DBA 2008 certification. I did some research, the MCITP DBA 2008 only required two tests (432,450). Each exam costs $125. I bought the Microsoft press book (MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit) for $10 from a coworker (for which I was very grateful). I also signed up for the second shot promotion, I can retake the first test for free. In the end I'll end up paying $250 for exams, $60-$100 in books.

While it's not free, it's much cheaper than what I paid for college. And the time investment was huge.

Also I prefer learning by books, rather than classroom training. I learn by going through each of the lessons, getting my hands on the tools.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply