Doing a subselect from a temporary table

• I have a temporary table being filled with a long select statement. From this table I want to do this:

select * from @GlueRoomStock order by case_code, scheduleddate, shift

select scheduleddate, shift from @GlueRoomStock where currentgluedinvpieces<(select sum(cases_scheduled) from @glueroomstock group by case_code)

What I need to do is get a sum of the cases_scheduled as right now they are being returned for each date, but I want a total sum by case_code and then I need to find the date and shift in the table of when the value of currentgluedinvpieces is less than that value.

When I run this, I get the following error:

Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 83

Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

What would be the best way to handle this? Should I create another temporary table based on the first primary temporary table that just holds the run dates of the case_codes and then do the query based on that secondary temp table?

Thanks

• I guess these are the two different queries that you are trying, (sorry if I've not understood ur requirement)

select * from @GlueRoomStock order by case_code, scheduleddate, shift

Should not it read something like this?

select scheduleddate, shift

from @GlueRoomStock G1

where currentgluedinvpieces in

(select sum(cases_scheduled)

from @glueroomstock G2

Where G2.Case_Code = G1.Case_Code

group by case_code)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks so much! That seemed to work.

• your welcome 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply