Does the service account need to be added to "Log on as A Service"

• I have a server which has DB services to start automatically.

But upon re-boot of the server, DB service didn't start, had to start manually.

Do I need to add the DB service account which is used for database engine to Local Security System--> "Log on as a Service", to be able to re-start the services automatically?

• Have you changed the account the service uses? The log on as a service permission should be granted to the service account during the setup of the instance. Double check that the account you are using has this permission.

Also is there anything in the event logs relating to the service failing to start?

• PJ_SQL (12/29/2015)

DB service didn't start, had to start manually.

In my experience, when the domain service account loses permission to "Logon as a Service" the MSSQL process will not start automatically or through a manual start using the SQL Server Configuration Manager or Services, the attempts generate Windows Event 7041. I have seen this multiple times when a Group Policy is applied that removes the permissions. I have had mixed results with re-entering the logon credentials using SSCM, for me, re-entering them using Services has granted the permission.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply