Does SQL 2008 Workgroup edition support linked servers?

• Does SQL 2008 Workgroup edition support linked servers?

• I would think Linked Server is even supported in Express any edition so just check your server objects section to see if Linked Server configuration tool is there.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• As Gift said it should be supported; as Microsoft does not mention anything in their feature list document here.

Thanks.

Mohit.

[font="Arial"]---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN[/url].
    Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
    * I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. :smooooth:[/font]

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here[/url].

• Well, "should be" and "I would think" are no better answers than I could come up with by looking at Microsoft's web site. They don't get down to that level of detail.

So unless people have real experience, I guess I'll have to see if I can download a trial version.

• Downloading trial version will not help you because that is an Enterprise edition so your better option is to run one of the Express editions which is the edition with less features than the Work Group edition. Go to server objects and check for the linked server config tool.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply