Do you need a process server w/ Tabular AS when processing during the work day?

• We have multidimensional cubes that need to be refreshed throughout the day. We have a process server that process the cubes and then we sync the cubes to a business user facing server. We do this because business users are not able to query the cube while it is processing.

We plan to migrate our multidimensional AS to tabular. I have been unable to find whether you still need a process server to process the tabular AS model and then sync to a business facing server or can business users query a tabular model while it is being processed?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• There is a lot more that needs to think about before being able to give a useful answer.

# What is your desired end-game with Tabular

# Do you plan to use Direct Connect with you Tabular instance

# Do you have 100% Windows authentication or do you want to use SSO

# Do you want to migrate your old SSRS reports or do you want to use PowerBI

# Have you considered any form of Blue/Green process (where you update Blue and swap it with Green at deployment time)

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply