Do not know how to deploy package from Dev Server to Prod Server

• Thanks a lot....I solved it....

• HI Marek,Thanks a lot for your post.I learnt new things from your post.:cool: .I was completely following a wrong way of deploying th package on to the production server.Your post gave a new look and sorted all my problems.

Thanks

• Hi:

I have a similar looking problem that I am working on. I created a SSIS package that two connections. Both are production servers. One is the source that pulling data from a 2005 production server and dumping the data in the destination server which is a 2008 production server. the servers are using the 'sa' username and password. So my problem is that I need to deploy the package to the 2008 production server. what are steps that needs to be followed. you mentioned earlier that I need to copy all the files from my local machine to production server.

could you also please tell exactly what are those files that needs to be copy.

Is there a need to make a xml config file or not?

If I have to make a xml file then where should i make it, in my local machine and then copy it to the production server?

How should i exactly deploy the package?

Thanks.

• suhailtajraja (3/20/2012)

Hi:

I have a similar looking problem that I am working on. I created a SSIS package that two connections. Both are production servers. One is the source that pulling data from a 2005 production server and dumping the data in the destination server which is a 2008 production server. the servers are using the 'sa' username and password. So my problem is that I need to deploy the package to the 2008 production server. what are steps that needs to be followed. you mentioned earlier that I need to copy all the files from my local machine to production server.

could you also please tell exactly what are those files that needs to be copy.

Is there a need to make a xml config file or not?

If I have to make a xml file then where should i make it, in my local machine and then copy it to the production server?

How should i exactly deploy the package?

Thanks.

How to: Deploy a Package

Deploying Packages by Using the Deployment Utility

SSIS Package Configurations

Creating Package Configurations

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply