DMV

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item DMV

• ???DMV?,??????,????????,???????!!

What is DMV? I have never read about it . Could man share some material. for every one to learn.

• valley3969 (6/14/2009)

???DMV?,??????,????????,???????!!

What is DMV? I have never read about it . Could man share some material. for every one to learn.

Did you read the link provided with the answer? It explains about Dynamic Managent Views(DMV) and how to use them.

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• I must object the suggested answer.

It is possible to use 1-part names, although it does not really make sense to do this:

CREATE LOGIN Test WITH PASSWORD = 'Test123!'

CREATE USER [Test] FOR LOGIN [Test] WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA=[sys]

GO

EXECUTE AS USER = 'Test'

SELECT * FROM all_views

REVERT

DROP USER Test

DROP LOGIN Test

Best Regards,

Chris Büttner

• ?MSDN??:

In the MSDN :

Dynamic management views and functions return server state information that can be used to monitor the health of a server instance, diagnose problems, and tune performance.

??? DMV ??SQLServer ????? ??? SS ??????????? ???????????SS ??? ????select * from all_views ????????? ????DMV??

So DMV is a concept in the SS. it represents a kind of views and functions in the SS. these views and functions show some info that can be used to monitor the health of a server instance, diagnose problems, and tune performance.

in the "select * from all_views",which can be called as DMV.

is that right?

• ??? 1-part names 2-part names 3-part names ??

Could I ask what is 1-part names,2-part names,3-part names?

• ??? !

????? ?sys ??? ??“select name from all_views where name like 'dm%'”????? ????DMV ?? ??

I got it when I login as sys and select name from all_views where name like 'dm%' . I can see the all DMVs Ok thanks Man

• 1-part name: dm_tran_locks

2-part: sys.dm_tran_locks

3-part: yourdb.sys.dm_tran_locks

4-part: yourinstance.yourdb.sys.dm_tran_locks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply