Distributed transaction using Link Server

• Hi,

I am using Link server. I could able to connect to SQL DB on Other server. I could also able to Update the table i wish to update.

How can i use Transactions in case of link server. Any one have idea ???? I am getting Error as below :-

Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Distributed transaction error]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].

Regards,

Dhananjay

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Probably MSDTC service is not running ....

• More details about your environment would be helpful.  I googled and the third hit was the following;

You receive error messages when you perform a distributed transaction when you have a SQL Server 2000 virtual server in a Windows Server 2003 clustered environment.

There is a hotfix from MS for that symptom (i.e., in that particular environment).  So, provide more information and consider googling yourself

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

david russell

• The DTC may need to be reconfigured. We just migrated to Windows 2003 when this problem cropped up.

Microsoft has a fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839279

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply