Distributed Availability Groups - Databases not replicating across

• Hi Guys,

I have setup a Distributed AlwaysOn availability group. 2 AG environments both sitting on different locations. I have setup 3 databases and all 3 have replicated across to all AG and the DAG replica.

Last week I have create a database. It took about an hour to replicate across the DAG. When I set it up initially, it took a few seconds to replicate across. Table creations are not a problem. The tables are replicated across the DAG. When I create a DB now, it would not replicate. I cannot see any errors as to why the database is not being created. I run following scripts and can only see that the Sync_status is not healthy. The script does not tell me why. Please advise as to how I can troubleshoot this.

SELECT ag.[name] as 'AG Name', ag.is_distributed, ar.replica_server_name as 'Underlying AG', ars.role_desc as 'Role', ars.synchronization_health_desc as 'Sync Status'
    FROM  sys.availability_groups ag,
    sys.availability_replicas ar,  
    sys.dm_hadr_availability_replica_states ars  
    WHERE ar.replica_id = ars.replica_id
    and  ag.group_id = ar.group_id
    and ag.is_distributed = 1

SELECT ag.[name] as 'Distributed AG Name', ar.replica_server_name as 'Underlying AG', dbs.[name] as 'DB', ars.role_desc as 'Role', drs.synchronization_health_desc as 'Sync Status', drs.log_send_queue_size, drs.log_send_rate, drs.redo_queue_size, drs.redo_rate
    FROM  sys.databases dbs
    INNER JOIN sys.dm_hadr_database_replica_states drs
      ON dbs.database_id = drs.database_id
    INNER JOIN sys.availability_groups ag
      ON drs.group_id = ag.group_id
    INNER JOIN sys.dm_hadr_availability_replica_states ars
      ON ars.replica_id = drs.replica_id
    INNER JOIN sys.availability_replicas ar
      ON ar.replica_id = ars.replica_id
    WHERE ag.is_distributed = 1

Regards
    IC

• Anything in the dashboard? (Sorry to ask an obvious question but I find it really hard not being able to just take a look!)

• Beatrix Kiddo - Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:52 AM

Anything in the dashboard? (Sorry to ask an obvious question but I find it really hard not being able to just take a look!)

Hi there,

Yes, I have checked the dashboard. The Dashboard only shows the lag intervals between the local AG and not the Distributed AG.

Regards
    CI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply