Displaying RTF in SSRS 2016

• I am upgrading from 2005 to 2016.  There are many reports that required displaying RTF formatted data. 
    Previously, I use the private assembly that uses the System.Windows.Form.RichTextBox.  However I cannot repeat the same thing for 2016.  I put the DLL file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.  Then I add the reference.

When I try to preview the report in Visual Studio I get this error message:

An error occurred during local report processing.
    Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'RTFConverter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)

• e_chow - Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:02 PM

I am upgrading from 2005 to 2016.  There are many reports that required displaying RTF formatted data. 
    Previously, I use the private assembly that uses the System.Windows.Form.RichTextBox.  However I cannot repeat the same thing for 2016.  I put the DLL file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.  Then I add the reference.

When I try to preview the report in Visual Studio I get this error message:

An error occurred during local report processing.
    Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'RTFConverter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)

I've had to put the dll in two locations - the PrivateAssemblies location you noted as well as the ReportServer\bin directory.
    You may still have errors at this point as usually it also requires modifying the rssrvpolicy.config file. Look at the 2005 server and see if you made any changes. It's generally a change similar to what's listed at the end of this article:
    How to use custom assemblies or embedded code in Reporting Services

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply