Display textboxes aligned at bottom of screen

• Hi,

What I need to do is very simple - I have a multi line text box on the bottom left of my report and a single line text box bottom right showing page no etc. As the first text box is multi line and can expand is there an easy way to always align the single line box with the bottom of the multi line ?

Like this

Some text

A bit more text

Yet more text Page 1 of 3

I have a workaround and I include the "Yet more text" in a separate text box and align that with the page number, but I then end up having a small gap between a bit more text and Yet more text. If I align it with the bottom of the multi line and it either grows or shrinks the Page number is then either too low or high. Any ideas?

Regards

Andy

• Andy Reilly (9/12/2012)

Hi,

What I need to do is very simple - I have a multi line text box on the bottom left of my report and a single line text box bottom right showing page no etc. As the first text box is multi line and can expand is there an easy way to always align the single line box with the bottom of the multi line ?

Like this

Some text

A bit more text

Yet more text Page 1 of 3

I have a workaround and I include the "Yet more text" in a separate text box and align that with the page number, but I then end up having a small gap between a bit more text and Yet more text. If I align it with the bottom of the multi line and it either grows or shrinks the Page number is then either too low or high. Any ideas?

Regards

Andy

Theoretically (and in some practice) this works. Renderers are funny sometimes though...

Make both text boxes the same height, set the CanGrow and CanShrink properties to false, and set VerticalAlign to bottom. Rectangles are also helpful in keeping stuff together.

[font="Courier New"]Looking for a Deadlock Victim Support Group..[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply