Display long SSRS report all on one page in browser

• Oops, I meant "InteractiveSize", not "InteractivePageSize".

• Is there any other way to achieve this functionality, because I don't want my performance to be hamper down? Pls suggest.

Also, why the report performance decreases?

• If you are using a list control in your report write a visibility expression in the list. if you do so, all the data in the report will be appeared in a single page in the browser. and also if you want page breaks you can set, this will be applied when the report is exported to any other format.

• chris (3/20/2008)

A great tip, thanks!

However, I find it interesting, now that I am aware of this property, that it doesn't seem to work if you explicitly set the height value. For example, I have a report that I run in landscape mode, so I set the width to 11in, the height to 8.5in, but when I render the report it doesn't seem to make a difference. It still comes out to some random value for the height and ignores what I put in the property.

I'll have to research this a bit more.

You might be talking about a different property. Note that there are two properties for a Report: one is "Page Size" and the other is "Interactive Size".

To view a long report on one page in the browser, we set the "Interactive Size" height to 0. In this case the "Page Size" property can stay at whatever it was.

• I really hope this helps, but it's not a 100% true solution. I was messing around in SSRS 2008 in attempt to do just this -get all my charts and tables to show up on one page (browser -not printer), and I noticed something that seems to work. I'll preface by saying that I haven't seen/found any direct ways to do this either though.

Here's my scenario:

- About 7 Charts and 1 Data Table (with the potential for another)

- Of these charts, I can categorize them into 3 different meta categories.

- Because of this, I created 3 placeholder text boxes with these labels and rearranged the charts under their appropriate categories.

- I wanted to give users the option to see the charts when the text box categories is clicked -I set each chart to hide by default

Progression:

- Before doing this, my report was 3 pages.

- However, after doing this, the report obviously went to 1 page since the charts started hidden -all the user sees are the 3 category text boxes.

Discussion:

- After making this change, I ran the report and manually expanded all categories.... and success, the report stayed on one page.

- Because of this, I'm lead to think that the SSRS sizing happens on the initial render, but it's not re-sized again when an interaction takes place.

Next Steps:

- Next it occurred to me that it might be possible to bypass the need for a user to manually expand each category.

- I found another neat blog page which walks through how to make a parameter that allows toggling of the Expand/Collapse state and behavior - http://www.sqlchick.com/entries/2010/12/21/visibility-settings-in-ssrs-drill-down-to-showhide-report-da.html

- I probably won't try this now (for this application, but her blog does work -I've gone through it before), but I'd be curious if anyone else does. It may be possible to keep all on 1 page, and then adapt the info from this blog to make the category expansion more seamless.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply