display cluster alwayson in windows

• hello ,

I need your help please

in my server SQL on  ssms I can display my avaibility group always on and the nodes and the listen so if I connect through failover cluster manager I have nothing

Sans titre

Sans titre

thanks

• Right-click on 'Failover Cluster Manager' in the left-pane and connect to one of the nodes in the cluster.  If you are remoted into the server - connect to that node, if you are running from your workstation you can connect to any node or the cluster name.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I have This error message

Sans titre

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Seem pretty clear - you need administrator access to the servers in the cluster to be able to use cluster manager.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• I believe the  reason for this is that when you created the availability group in ssms you had to specify the cluster type.

The options were

NONE

EXTERNAL

There is another option but it would not of shown up and this is Windows Failover Cluster yet it is not listed.

Unless this option is selected you will not be able to manage The AG role via the cluster manager.

For some reason if your remove the Availability Group and recreate the Windows Failover Cluster is listed.  I would recommend once you have remove the group please disable the Always On Availability Group feature in the Configuration manager and then re-enable to this seems to give it a kick.

To check if this is defiantly the reason select the properties of the Availability Group in SSMSand check the cluster type.  If NONE or EXTERNAL are selected then this confirms it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Wecks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply