Disappearing SSMS keyboard shortcut!

• Hi, 

I'm not sure when this happened - might have been when I upgraded SSMS from 2008r2 to 2014.  I've lost some default keyboard shortcuts, specifically upper and lower case.  Maybe more, but those are the two I know best! When I go to Edit-->Advanced, there's nothing for "Make uppercase" and "Make lowercase" is Ctl+U.  I know it used to work, I used it all the time.  I tried resetting shortcuts to default in Options, restarted SSMS, etc....  

Also, when I upgraded, I couldn't find an "open file" icon to put on the top bar, so I have to use the keyboard shortcut for that.  That's no biggie, but the uppercase is.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Pat

• You could try Tools/Options/Keyboard/Keyboard and recreating the ones which are missing.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Aha!  I was looking at keyboard --> Query shortcuts....  It took me a bit of Googling to get the exact correct process, but I got the uppercase working!  Now on to lowercase!

Thanks!!!

Pat

• miapjp - Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:21 PM

Aha!  I was looking at keyboard --> Query shortcuts....  It took me a bit of Googling to get the exact correct process, but I got the uppercase working!  Now on to lowercase!

Thanks!!!

Pat

You shouldn't have to do all of that.  Sometimes, the same wonky thing happens to me.  I've never sure of what key combination I happened to hit to make it go wonky.  The fix is to go to {Tools}{Options}{Keyboard} and select the {Reset to Default} button.  Everything except your customizations will come back.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply