Disable repair after crash?

• I have an application that uses the Access 2003 runtime in a Terminal Server environment. Each user has their own folder with a copy of the mdb file.

If one of the users crashes their copy of the app, Access automatically makes a backup and then attempts to run a compact-and-repair on the database; unfortunately the network admins have only given the users "Modify" permission for their folders, not "Full Control", so the repair fails and Access hangs & displays a message like "You can't exit now" and tells them they need to interrupt a Visual Basic module. At which point my telephone rings :w00t:

In the full version of Access, in the event of a crash there is a dialog that displays with the option to repair / restart and you can tell it to simply close; this is not available in the runtime.

Does anybody know if there a registry setting that we can add, to force Access to simply close after a crash?

• My Access is a bit rusty, but is it possible to 'catch' that error and than do whatever you want with it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply