Disable DCD on table fails

• Hello everyone,

I have CDC enabled on a few tables.

Recently i had changed one column in 2 tables from varchar(20) to varchar(50) and then capture agent CDC job started to fail.

What i found is that there is a bug in all SQL versions and no fix.  The work around i found is:

1. Drop capture agent CDC job
    2. Disable CDC (sp_cdc_disable_table) on those tables.
    3. Re-enable CDC (sp_cdc_enable_table), which re-adds the job and successfully fires the job and begins collecting.

The problem is that sp_cdc_disable_table fails with the following error:

Msg 22833, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_cdc_disable_table_internal, Line 148 [Batch Start Line 4]

Could not update the metadata that indicates table [table_name] is not enabled for Change Data Capture.

The failure occurred when executing the command 'sp_cdc_disable_table_tranx'.

The error returned was 22837: 'Could not delete table entries or drop objects associated with capture instance [table_name]'.

The failure occurred when executing the command 'sp_cdc_drop_change_table_objects [table_name]'.

The error returned was 15562: 'The module being executed is not trusted. Either the owner of the database of the module needs to be granted authenticate permission,

or the module needs to be digitally signed.'.

Use the action and error to determine the cause of the failure and resubmit the request.

Use the action and error to determine the cause of the failure and resubmit the request.

Any idea what is the problem?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply