Dimension key problem

• Hi,

I need to modify an existing dimension that calculates that how late (how many days) shipments are. What the actual shipments (like IDs or weights or whatever) are completely irrelevant in this context. It is late by X days (zero or less than zero = not late) and that's it. I have the expected arrival date in the database.

I have a dimension that has been working previously, because it is previously deployed and processed just fine.

Now what is unclear to me, is that how does the keys work. Before modifying the key attribute there is simply the number of days that the shipments are late.  An integer number. Has thousands of duplicates, because, obviously, some shipments are not late, some are late by a day and whatever. Doesn't a key have to be unique? Well, obviously not, since this has already been deployed and processed successfully before.

I make a modification and get an error of "you have duplicates in your key column, get lost" when processing. I remove the key. No can do, need to have a key.

Could someone here explain like I'd be five years old that

1. How is it possible that this has worked before?
    2. How do I either completely remove the key or then make a key out of something that has thousands of duplicates?
    3. If that #2 is impossible, then what's a better approach on something like this? I need to provide the users a way to see a breakdown of how many shipments are how much late.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply