Digging into an AI Algorithm

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Digging into an AI Algorithm

• In terms of AI for medical purposes, the recent progress is astounding and we can be proud that we have participated in the progress.  Last evening I had the privilege to entertain a friend on my deck for wine and snacks.  Why is this so extrordinary?

Several years ago he suffered a  severe stroke which left him disabled for months, and became mobile again only by hobbling along with canes.  Then about a year ago he suffered another fall hitting his head on concrete and causing serious neorological damage almost destroying his vocal ability and leaving his hands constantly trembling and nearly unable to grasp anything.

Now after two brain surgeries and two implanted devices he is communicating clearly, is nearly free of the trembing, and is able to actually make ongoing adjustments to the functionality of the implanted devices without medical intervention.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• If the incorporation of AI into healthcare results in higher quality outcomes AND lower cost for the patient, then I'm all for it.

However, here in the US - I have doubts.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell wrote:

If the incorporation of AI into healthcare results in higher quality outcomes AND lower cost for the patient, then I'm all for it. However, here in the US - I have doubts.

The AND is probably a problem in the US. It does result in high quality in many cases. I am sure it sometimes might be lower costs, but I wouldn't take that bet for any particular situation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply