differentiating between ADLS and ADF and use applications

• vega805

SSC Eights!

I recently completed Mike McQuillan's ADLS and USQL course on Pluralsight in addition to PragmaticWorks class on ADF v2. I really appreciate these tools and see the advantages with respect to server side ETL using SSIS (the crux of my experience).

My question is this - when to use ADLS and ADF, the exercises in ADLS were largely importing flat files using C# operators to transform etc., but this largely seemed like one time, ad-hoc jobs, I didn’t get that this can be or  meant to be triggered, scheduled to run as a production job etc. Whereas custom pipelines in ADF can be engineered to facilitate a DWH use case for example and scheduled daily, hourly, based off another sequence etc.

Am I missing something here? Whats the best way to differentiate? With respect to actual use cases, what is a solid ground rule for these technologies?

• Site Owners

SSC Guru

Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply