Different response times for query

• Hi,

I'm currently running a query "select * from table" in qry analyzer and it takes ~ 4.5 mins when run from my PC. There are only 330K rows in the table.

I asked 2 others to run the same query in QA on their PCs and they took 8 seconds and 12 seconds respectively. I went back to my PC and ran it again and this time it took ~ 6 mins!!

Any suggestions?

TIA,

SJT

Oh BTW I'm on SQL Server 2000 (sp3), W2K

SJT

SJT

• Verify your network connection and disk space.

Furthermore, use the task manager to check load on your CPU.

Are you sure to perform the query against the same DB as others, and to reach the DB in the same way?

Bye,

tb

quote:

Hi,

I'm currently running a query "select * from table" in qry analyzer and it takes ~ 4.5 mins when run from my PC. There are only 330K rows in the table.

I asked 2 others to run the same query in QA on their PCs and they took 8 seconds and 12 seconds respectively. I went back to my PC and ran it again and this time it took ~ 6 mins!!

Any suggestions?

TIA,

SJT

Oh BTW I'm on SQL Server 2000 (sp3), W2K

SJT

• I found the source of my problem - I had an option turned on in QA: Use regional settings for displaying numbers, currency, ...

So whilst the server completed the query very quickly, my poor pc was struggling with the conversion work.

Cheers,

SJT

SJT

SJT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply