Diagram assistance

• I'm trying to create a diagram for a database in the enterprise manager but so far cannot see how to A) resize tables and B) how to print the full diagram in a fit-in-page way.

Currently the tables print out across 6 or 8 pages of paper in large graphic format. I'd like to miniaturize the diagram to print on a single page.

Can someone point me to some tutorials for working with diagrams? Thanks in advance!

• Turn on View Page breaks, which will help you see what you are doing.

Then In Page Setup, change the Zoom to something smaller and that wil have the desired effect. I can still easily read the details of my tables when I have the zoom set to 40%.

• Perfect. Thanks!

• As a follow up question, is it possible to save my diagram off as a file somehow? I have to include it in some documentation and not sure if there's an easy way to do that. Thanks again.

• Not found a way with SQL Server's Tools. I only use them to create tables and to get a print, but when I do documentation, I end up using Visio, which also makes diagramming of views possible.

• You could print to a PDF file. To do this you'd need Acrobat or one of numerous shareware applications - I'm sure you'd find loads at your favourite utilities download site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply