Determine Number of Users for Reporting Service Catalog

• Hi All,

I need one information regarding the Reporting Service Catalog.

Qst: How I will decide the numbers of users who can use my Report Server Catalog at the same time.

for Example:

=========

I have a Database (DB1) in one server (S1) and My Reporting Service Server present in another server (S2), I wants to maintain a limitation of users by which my server runs smooth.

I need to know How many maximum numbers of user should allowed to connect the Report Catalog so It should not be very slow. or any standards is present to follow to decide how many numbers of user can be allowed.

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• How about doing performance tuning, adding subscriptions to run the reports at night, if all fails, adding more horse power on the server?

• Ninja's_RGR'us ,

Are you asking me or replying to my topic..

I am asking about the maximum number of users can connect to reporting server catalog at the same time.can you please answer to my topic...?

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• The limit should not be put on the amount of users, but the server should be adjusted to the needs of the company.

If you have way too many users for the server, then you need to buy another server (assuming there's no other options available).

As far as throttleing the # of users I don't think it's possible. There's something that exists in 2008 to give more ressources to certain users, but as far as I know, that's the only thing you can do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply