Deployment Failure

• Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone may be able to point me in the right direction here as after looking at this I've not made much progress.

The situation is I have a Visual Studio 2019 solution and within it is a SSIS project (I should say they were originally done in VS 2015 for SQL 2012 but have been upgrade by VS 2019 without issue) , within that are 2 SSIS packages, I'm trying via VS 2019 to deploy these to a SQL 2019 server (with SSIS on it). The packages all run fine, build so I right click the project (SSIS) and select deploy. I then get asked to pick the server, which I do and the path is set (SSISDB/folder/function. I then hit deploy.

I then get green ticks for (loading project, connecting to destination server and changing protection level) but then after about 10 seconds I get a failure on the final deploying project task. I've attached the failure to this post.

I did some research and it seems some users had this but they solved it with a reboot, I've rebooted and still get the same.

The error also states

Failed to deploy project. For more information, query the operation_messages view for the operation identifier '7'.

But when I look at catalog.operation_messages there are no entries.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks,

Nic

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  NicHopper. Reason: added file
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I've attached the failure to this post.

I cannot see it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for pointing out, file type was xml so it got blocked, I've uploaded as txt now.

• Unfortunately, that error file does not shed much light on the problem!

I can suggest some things to try:

1. Try deploying to a local database instance
    2. Make sure that all packages in the project and the project itself have 'DontSaveSensitive' as their protection level
    3. Confirm that you have ssis_admin rights within SSISDB. The fact that you saw nothing when querying SSISDB.catalog.operation_messages suggests that there may be a permissions issue.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi,

Problem solved, it turns out the server had been renamed but sys.servers still had the old name, odd that it let me connect to the new name but then it must use the master db's sys.servers to do something, this was getting the old name and essentially timing out to connect. I only spotted this in the windows event log as the old servers name was referenced. I did the following and it worked.

EXEC sp_dropserver '<old_name>';  
    GO
    EXEC sp_addserver '<new_name>', local;
    GO

Thanks,

Nic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply