Deploy SSIS Package Error: "The selected folder does not contain package..."

• Hi All

It seems TFS is not behaving itself!

When I deploy a package I am getting the error above.

I've tried rebuilding the solution etc. and I can open and edit the package but can't deploy to the server.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Mattie

• What makes you think that this is a TFS issue?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• That is a good question.

I guess the only response to that is the package runs fine on my PC and we do have two new people checking packages in and some changes have been rolled back etc. so I assume it's a TFS issue.

If not let me know if you have any ideas 🙂

• I agree with Phil that it probably isn't a TFS issue.

Step 1 with debugging that for me would be to grab a different developer and have them try what I was doing.  If it works for them, it is a problem with my setup.  If it doesn't work for them, then something is configured funny.

Alternately, any good version control system will have the ability to check out an older version of the code.  Grab an older version that is known-good and see if you can deploy.  If you can, go up a version and repeat until you get to the version that is bad.  Then compare the differences between those 2 versions.

My guess is there is a configuration change that happened at some point or possibly you don't have permissions to the deployment folder location hence the error.

That being said, I never use the deploy option from SSIS.  I take my DTSX and push it into the SSIS catalog manually.  It is very rare that I am changing more than 1 or 2 DTSX's at a time, so using deploy feels like overkill.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• One problem I have seen before with SSIS and VCSs is that people sometimes make changes which affect the project file (eg, add or remove parameters, add or remove packages) but neglect/forget to check in the project file. Instead, they check in only the packages which have been changed.

When this happens, your project file gets out of step with the actual files in the project folder.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Phil Parkin. Reason: Added clarification

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I had the same error.

I'm moving a SSIS project from SQL 2012 to 2017 and wanted to test the ability of sql2017 to deploy single packages. Right-clicking on one of the packages the "The selected folder does not contain package..." popped up immediately.

Previously I had deployed the entire project without such problem!

Solution: When deploying single packages package names are case-sensitive.

• Package-name

•  in project: InstalledBaseCollection.dtsx
      • On disk/Source Control Explorer: InstalledBasecollection.dtsx

Solution1: Change the name in the project

Solution2: Change the name in Source Control Explorer and on disk

Both solutions work for me.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by  Gert_S.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply