Dependency between tables

• julienchappel 38298 (7/1/2015)

All tree answers are unrelated to the question of your exercise, i.e.: you are asking quote "What does this code return? " unquote and in all of the three answers you are talking about foreign key relations etc...The straight answer to your question is that your code returns nothing (empty data set) which has nothing to do with your three answers. Next time please think morefully before asking a question moreover constructing the choices of the answers.

It only returns an empty data set if you run it in a database that has no foreign keys. Try running the code in a properly designed database.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• I'm surprised, how an "answers bad worded" qotd gets more than 60% of right answers.

:crazy:

• The question was simple.

So the answers had not to be that clear that everyone directly could know the right answer.

Probably the question had to be :

Which answer is the most close ?

or

Which answer is the less worse ?

Thanks, Brazilian professor !

• Carlo Romagnano (7/2/2015)

I'm surprised, how an "answers bad worded" qotd gets more than 60% of right answers.

It was a choice between 2 answers (the third is clearly wrong), so random guesses would give 50% correct. The rest are probably those who run the code before answering πŸ˜‰

• Thanks for the question.

• Toreador (7/1/2015)

Well English clearly isn't the poster's first language, but I'd have hoped the wording could have been changed by whoever approved the question! It was a bit of a guess between the first two, as they seem to mean roughly the same thing. But I went for the first, as the results just show the table names and the foreign key name (which sounds like the first option) - they don't show which columns are involved, and hence don't show the exact relationship (which is what the second, correct, option asks for).

+1

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Toreador (7/2/2015)

Carlo Romagnano (7/2/2015)

I'm surprised, how an "answers bad worded" qotd gets more than 60% of right answers.

It was a choice between 2 answers (the third is clearly wrong), so random guesses would give 50% correct. The rest are probably those who run the code before answering πŸ˜‰

+1

Don Simpson

I'm not sure about Heisenberg.

• New to SSC : I was also fooled by the wording - maybe I get a point for this posting, my first πŸ™‚ ?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply