Demanding and difficult logic qns. Sorry but i need help.

• Oh lord, that.

Alright, yes. You can use SSIS as a data source for a Report. It's like taking a train from France to Russia to fly to Germany, but you can. You have to go through the activation steps in the previous page that he's linked to and then you can attach it. You're going to pound the CPU/Memory on your server to do it and fight with it the whole way through, but yes, you CAN do it.

Why you'd want to I have no idea. I've never seen an implementation of that which worked well except for an extreme example. I've only seen it active in one shop and that was for a very particular reason, they had to use inline script transformations for the report. This could be as easily accomplished using CLR but they didn't want to do all of the research necessary to properly secure the CLR components, so they went with what they knew and implemented the SSIS datasource.

There's a reason it's not on by default. It's the last stop for a solution in extreme situations, not the first for everything.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Hi all,

Firstly, I sincerely want to THANK EVERYONE who have been helping me all these while, especially to those who put in a lot effort to guide me. Finally i am wrapping up my first project, and without all of your help, this would be impossible. Thank you!!! 😀

Truly Appreciated,

10e5x

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply