deleting a row in SSIS package in a data flow

• I want to delete a row in a Warehouse table in the package's DATA FLOW TASK... please help asap

• Use a Conditional Split and send the unwanted row(s) to an output which goes nowhere ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• see this is what i hav...

in the database:

table one: Customer(ID, Name, Age, Location_ID)

table 2: Location(ID, LOC_NAME)

in a datawarehouse:

table 1: Cust(ID, Name, Age, Location_Name)

now i want to refresh the dataware house without deleting all the data in it... just adding extra rows that are new and removing those rows that have been edited...

now how can i remove that row...??

• and removing those rows that have been edited...

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Remove or update?

Try - slowly changing dimension component ...

[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]--
    Sabya[/font]

• a.hadss (12/30/2009)

see this is what i hav...

in the database:

table one: Customer(ID, Name, Age, Location_ID)

table 2: Location(ID, LOC_NAME)

in a datawarehouse:

table 1: Cust(ID, Name, Age, Location_Name)

now i want to refresh the dataware house without deleting all the data in it... just adding extra rows that are new and removing those rows that have been edited...

now how can i remove that row...??

Do you realise how different this requirement is from what your first post implies?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Do you realise how different this requirement is from what your first post implies?

I didn't see the originial question first :hehe::hehe::hehe:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]--
    Sabya[/font]

• You chose ... wisely.

• ok sorry for the first post.. cud u please give a solution to my other problem

• As Sabya suggested, please read up on the SCD component and then post back with any additional questions.

• ive made a package for refreshing... all the new rows are getting added.. the SCD is not working tho.. heres the package http://www.4shared.com/get/184818331/aedfd5cb/Chussa.html please please see if u can identify any errors

• someone please help..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply