Deleted data being saved in the .dtsx file?

• SQL 2008 R2

I'd changed quite a bit of code in some SSIS packages and wanted to prove to myself that I hadn't missed anything. I did a search through the .dtsx file using Astrogrep to check that I'd removed all references to a particular database, but found a reference that I'd thought I had deleted. Looking closer at the XML the reference is within a <DTS:Executable with a name that I can't see when I open the package in BIDS. Does BIDS save things into the package XML that no longer exist within the package proper? If so, is there any way of preventing it?

Thanks

--
    Scott

• Do you know which executable in particular contained the reference .

I know for a fact that Analysis services has bug where a data view can be modified but the underlying xml is not modified.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• The reference was in

<DTS:Executable DTS:ExecutableType="Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ExecuteSQLTask.ExecuteSQLTask, Microsoft.SqlServer.SQLTask, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91">

<DTS:LoggingOptions>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="LoggingMode">0</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="FilterKind">1</DTS:Property>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="EventFilter" DTS:DataType="8"></DTS:Property></DTS:LoggingOptions>

<DTS:Property DTS:Name="ObjectName">SQL_PrepTables</DTS:Property>

but there is no task called SQL_PrepTables visible when you open the package in BIDS.

--
    Scott

• First take a backup of the .dtsx file.

Then remove the entire DTS:Executable node in the XML file.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply