Delete Windows Service

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Delete Windows Service

Thanks.

• Thank you for the post, good one.

(I have used the SC CLT before, for deleting the services left over after uninstalling the some 3rd party tools, and was sure of the instance name how it is named, so it was easy to choose the correct answer)

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Nice question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Interesting question, thanks. I've never used it for SQL, but plenty of times for other stuff. Thanks.

• Nice question. However didn't encounter a situation to use this command.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Good question. I'd be interested to know in what situations something like this might be necessary -- in a normal Sql Server uninstall, wouldn't this be taken care of automatically by the uninstaller?

• cgumprich (4/13/2015)

Good question. I'd be interested to know in what situations something like this might be necessary -- in a normal Sql Server uninstall, wouldn't this be taken care of automatically by the uninstaller?

I tried replicating some known scenarios to see if the installer (Sql server Express 2008 R2) leaves any of the service untouched, but luckily the installer removed all the components from windows 7 32bit virtual box. Then, must be a specific situation where it might occurs. It also depends on shared resources/components and the OS because if any of them is internally used, possibly it just skips and moves to the next.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Nice question. Hopefully I won't have to use it but it is definitely good to know about!

• Totally guessed and got it right! Don't take my point away.:-D

• Thanks for the question.

• Ok good to know that, thanx.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Interesting question, rather easy I think.

Personally, I usually have no interest in remembering service names; so I would probably list local services and delete whichever Sql Agent service looked right.

Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply