Delete System views in Replication

• Hi,

ive come across a problem, whereby a certain person in our organisation was able to cancel publication creation on a database table, after undoing publication on the server and disabling publication, we renabled publication and re published the database, however there are now a bunch of system views in the database from the previous attempt..any way to delete these system objects, tried with sa but to no avail, does this have to be done via a SP of some sort?..

it also didnt delete the constraints created when you enable automatic management of ids for merge publication

sorry for long message

any help much appreciated.

Adam

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• Why not leave the view there?? You might screw up the system if you don't delete the right one.

• You can use the sp_removedbreplication stored proc to remove all replication objects, including those used for your current publication.  This is only an option is you are willling to create your publication and subscriptions.

• Thanks for responses and i agree with you remi, however the publications were deleted and views etc left behind as the process didnt complete properly, this causes issues further down the track with our db and also management of it..

BReuter, i think this only works if the publication is actually still available/active...

I actually found out that you can drop these things from QA, i was using EM and it doesnt let you but QA has no issue with doing this (bug/feature?)

anyway thanks again for the help and information, much appreciated

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• Alright... just make sure you don't accidentally delete system procs/view... that'll surely cause other problems down the road .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply