Delete a replationship

• I renamed some ID's in a table. Then I dropped the table. The id was used in another table with a relationship. The problem is now when I try to DTS data from the original to a new DB I get an error about Invalid Column Name then its says the OLD column ID. Any ideas on how to eliminate this reference?

Neil

• I believe this is the refernce transformation map in the DTS package, open your DTS package and check the transformation mappings.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Can I remove the relationship or find all objects that contain the column name?

Neil

• Can I remove the relationship or find all objects that contain the column name?

Neil

• It probably could be done thru code but I have not tried as far as finding. But when you open the transformation it should ask about the bad item and if you want to remove or let it update the mappings.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• MY DB is broken somehow and I need to figure out how and how to correct it.

Neil

• Ok let's back up, what is the exact error message you are getting?

• I get an error when DTS'ing but that is because somewhere in my DB there is a reference to an old column name which no longer exists. I would like to clean up that problem, becuase no matter what it is sloppy. If I could find the trigger or stored proc that references (and I am assuming its one or the other) the column I would be golden.

Neil

• Ok I think maybe I have been confused. If this DTS package is copying the objects over then you are suggesting is coming from a trigger or other process. Check out http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/scriptdetails.asp?scriptid=184 for a script to allow you to search for that ID as a string in those areas quickly.

• What about Tables that have the name in it? How can I find those?

Neil

• If you mean as a column name then do

SELECT OBJECT_NAME([id]) FROM syscolumns WHERE [name] = 'valuetolookforhere'

Otherwise I am not sure what your are asking.

• Its ok the link you sent me with that storedproc showed me. I had an old stored proc that referenced a column that didn't exist and it was making trouble 🙂

Thanks!

Neil

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply