• Nice question Igor, Thanks for sharing

• Extremely easy!

Why 2 points?

🙂

• Carlo Romagnano (3/24/2015)

Extremely easy!

Why 2 points?

🙂

Speak for yourself - plenty of people get confused about multiple foreign keys and cascade deletes. They're all extremely easy when you know the answer.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Explanation is really weak. The answer is . . ., here is some code . . . see! The supplied link states nothing about delete cascade constraints, which is what this is really all about. This would have been a better link:

• This is a great question. I was unclear on this my first half year as a DBA. My lack of knowledge never caused any mistakes, but once I found out I realized you'd really better understand where all the foreign keys are going in your database.

[font="Tahoma"]Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]https://davegugg.wordpress.com[/url]/[/font]

• sipas (3/24/2015)

Carlo Romagnano (3/24/2015)

Extremely easy!

Why 2 points?

🙂

Speak for yourself - plenty of people get confused about multiple foreign keys and cascade deletes. They're all extremely easy when you know the answer.

FKs should be in the base knowledge.

• Excellent question, thanx.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• Nice question; very straightforward. Thanks Igor.

• TaylorMade (3/24/2015)

Explanation is really weak. The answer is . . ., here is some code . . . see! The supplied link states nothing about delete cascade constraints, which is what this is really all about. This would have been a better link:

Both examples given in the reference of the QotD use the constraint ON DELETE CASCADE and it's a link for the foreign key relations. Additionally the example is an extra way to see what is the question really asking. The question is simple one, anyway. I think I shouldn't have written something special as an explanation. I agree that one more reference could have been added.

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Nice question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I don't use cascading deletes, but I thought the question was a good one.

• Thanks for the question.

• I found the good choice because of an older question about the same topic for which I answered too quickly ==> failure for me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply