Defining a report footer?

• Is there a way to define a report footer in Reporting Services? I haven't found anything on this yet.

I was going to use a report footer to provide some summary information at the end of my report. This inforrmation will not come from the same data set as the main body of the report.

On a more general note, I am just starting with Reporting Services but have had quite a bit of experience with Access reporting. From what I've seen so far, I find the design interface in Reporting Services less intuitive than Access. Is this what you found also?

- Mike

• I think I might have sorted this out. If I add another table in the body of my report and populate it with my summary information, that achieves the same thing as a report footer.

• Is your footer table summarising information that is in the main table? If so, can't you place the summary info in the footer of the main table?

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Hi Phill.

Actually, the information is not summarising the main table's information so I couldn't go that route but thanks for pointing that out.

I was able to achieve what I wanted simply by adding a second table with it's own data source.

- Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply