Debugger

• I'm in analyzer, started debugger, have a break point set up and I hit GO.  Nothing happens ... why?  I want it to run up to the point of the breakpoint then let me step through ... am I doing something wrong?    How do I get variables into the watch windows?

Any assistance/reply is appiciated ... I hope I have this questions in the correct forum

• Error I get when opening a stored procedure in the debugger.  Do I have an access issue?

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 19, State 1

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 59 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

• I am probably showing my ignorance here, but how do you get the debugger up in QA. I did not know there was one.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• I think you need to configure DCOM and grant access. I vaguely remember needing to do that when I set up debugger but I don't remember what I did. Hope this points you in the right direction.

To find Debugger, in the QA Object Browser, right click an object. It will be in the menu, if available.

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

• Thanks. I'll have a playabout and see if I can find it.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• Seems like I read somewhere that you couldn't set a breakpoint if you have SQL Server started using the Local System account.  Don't remember all the details but you might check this out.

• This might help you out

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/270061

• I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it today. Run

exec sp_sdidebug 'legacy_on'

That should fix it.

• LOL - Tyson - you don't see it because it was in another post that you provided this solution!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I solved the same problem by installing SP 3. It worked fine to me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply